Monday, November 30, 2020

November in Review

The pandemic continues.

Didn't share a pic of my pumpkin last month. Should have added a horn on the top of the head that connected to the top of the circle. An additional point of contact would have helped keep it from falling into itself. As it is, the apartment is far too warm, and it started to mold after only a couple of days.

Thanksgiving was quiet. Just the 4 of us. We lost Lucymonster the Monday before. Her brain tumor finally caught up with her, and it was time.

Gaming

All gaming is on pause. With the arrival of my son, there just isn’t the time or energy. The closest thing to gaming I’ve got going on was reading the DCC/MCC supplement Enchiridion of the Computarchs which covered bringing in computer technology, AIs, and Robots into your games. I was actually a little disappointed in it in the end. I wanted more dealing with using AIs as patrons/villains, but ended up with more spells/programs for Technocaster PCs and NPCs to use.


Miniatures

So I finished up the wraiths and hags that I’d planned on, though the bases for the hags still need some work. I also did some basing work on the temple dragon I started several months ago, and then moved onto my new project, Bones Goblins.

No, I didn’t need more goblins, but I wanted something easy to work on. Already though I’m annoyed with myself for not starting them with a liner coat before starting the painting. They’re nearly done, but… I’m not happy with how the paint applies to the bare bones material. Yes, I know they’re supposed to be ready to paint out of the package, and that’s true, but not necessarily true for me and my painting style. 


The other mini I started working on is Reaper's Father Christmas.

After I finish these guys up, I'm debating what to work n next. I'm thinking maybe something Sci-Fi to go with Stargrave that's due out in April. Maybe some objective markers? We'll see.

Media
Movies/TV Watched
- What with being up to feed the child at all hours, I'm getting a lot more screen time in, as it's one of the very few things I can do while holding and feeding him.
Star Trek Discovery, season 3
Star Trek DS9, season 2-3
Star Wars Clone Wars seasons 3-5
White Christmas
Jingle Jangle
Dolly Parton’s Christmas in the Square
Christmas Chronicles
Christmas Chronicles 2
Let it snow

Books Read
Jhereg by Steven Brust

Goals
Survive the pandemic & Christmas
Finish the Goblins
Finish Father Christmas

2 comments:

  1. How did you like Jhereg? I felt that it could have been something that you would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it. There was some great world building done, and the characters were all interesting. I'm looking forward to the next book.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.