Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Boat Building for Frostgrave

The second scenario in the Thaw of the Lich Lord expansion takes place on the frozen river/canal running through the city, and requires at least one ship for the middle of the board. While the host of our games has a selection of boats and ships I wanted to be able to bring something new to the table. So the first thing I did was to search the internet looking to see what others have already done. I figured that alone would make a great post. And it does! But someone else already did it.

Setting Sail: Collecting Ships for Tabletop Games

Granted, this post is from 2008, but the author has revised it, most recently just 6 months ago.

Since I can't spend an entire post just sharing someone else's post, these are my ideas for what I'm going to try to build before next game.

 I kind of want to build a big ship that has a giant hole in it so that the interior decks can be used. They'll be great for hiding treasure out of line of sight, making people get in close to get it. 

I was also debating building a Mississippi River style paddle wheel steam boat. It's be good for blocking line of sight, and probably relatively easy to build. Especially if the wheel is encased.

Then there's the crazy dragon ship with a giant pagoda on it... Not sure if I could get that made in a month...

More as I begin to actually build something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.