Monday, February 8, 2016

4e Strikes Back

I'm a member of a website called paperbackswap.com that does pretty much what it says. It's a book swapping website. The nice thing about it is that it isn't a direct swap. You send books to whoever wants them and get credits, and those credits get spent to get books from other people that you want.

Well, I have some D&D books on my list, and some of them showed up.


Someone was clearly making shelf space for something else!

Not a bad assortment for what would be a very interesting campaign... especially with Monster Manual 2 and the Neverwinter campaign setting also on their way. What I'm going to do with these since I'm no longer running 4e, I don't know yet. But they sure do look pretty on my shelf!

3 comments:

  1. Well, there you go!

    I finally got the Games Workshop "How to paint Citadel Miniatures" book, that's been on the list for awhile. I've also got the old Foundry Miniature painting book on my list. I will probably wait a lot longer for that! :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 4e had some great content and wonderful locales, all of which you could still use with a bit of a conversion to your present system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in 2009, I couldn't get far enough away from 4E. To its credit, it pushed toward discovering other games and genres, which led to becoming a better GM, and to ultimately finding the OSR. I'm currently running Stonehell Dungeon (27 sessions in) and thoroughly enjoying it. Reading through your group's actual plays is helpful and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.