Monday, March 2, 2015

#6MMRPC: Round 1 complete!

This post marks the completion of the inaugural round of the 6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge. Let's see how I did...

The rules, beginning September 1st, are as follows:

1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker card. Like in a deck of cards, you get two jokers to use on a figure purchase during the six months of the challenge. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge.

SUCCESS! No minis bought. I paid to participate in a game at my FLGS, and as part of that was a zombie survivor figure, but even then at most that would have counted as a single joker. Also, the arrival of my Bones II shipment was the fulfillment of an order I made back in 2013, so also doesn't count.

2. Gifts do not count against you. Christmas and or birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise.

SUCCESS! The only gift I received was a gift card to one of my FLGS, which I used on DCC adventures and some paint.

3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.

SUCCESS! I picked up a bottle of airbrush paint. Ok, this wasn't so much something to succeed at.

4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you Instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC

FAILURE! There were a few weeks in late fall/early winter where I never picked up a brush, and was bad about posting anything to my blog. Other times I'd paint, and share pics on G+ but it would take a couple of weeks to get a real post up about it.

5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED!

SUCCESS! Not only did I paint some zombies, but I also painted some ghosts, ghouls, a mummy, wraith, and death knight!

So what was my final mini count for the 6MMRPC? 48 minis. All in all, not too shabby.

Going forward, I'm going to continue with the same rules above for the next 6 months. I will avoid mini purchases, post regularly, and track my progress.

Oh, and my final mini of the challenge? Grandma, to go with my alien cowgirl.
I tried to do a polka dot pattern, but I'm not really thrilled with how it came out. On the other hand, I'm going to call her done, and move on.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on doing so well at the challenge! Reminds me that I too need to tally up how I did.

    Green skinned cowgirl? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent roundup, and imitation is the greatest form of flattery, and many of the folks are using your format! Well done in the challenge sir!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.