A while back Jeff posted 20 quick questions for your campaign setting. I never got around to answering them... until now!
1. Where can we go to buy standard equipment?
The various shopping districts of Zandana can provide you with all that you desire.... if you have the coin for it.
2. Where can we go to get platemail custom fitted for this monster I just befriended?
The Gnome smiths could probably do it. The dwarves definitely could, but getting them to do it would be an effort. Probably a quest of some sort.
3. Who is the mightiest wizard in the land?
Greywolf the Stormrider is certainly the most well known in Zandana, and is head of the largest arcane academy in the city, but the warlock Celestia is whispered to have powers that equal Greywolf's.
4. Who is the greatest warrior in the land?
Jarok is the current Champion of the Arena, and bearer of the Sash of the Mantacore. Rumor has it that there is a knife fighter by the name of Lizzie in the Downs whose skill is such that she can defeat a squad of plate armored foes.
5. Who is the richest person in the land?
The guildmaster Countess Endier is believed to be the richest woman in the lands, though there are many others who qualify as “very rich.”
6. Where can we go to get some magical healing?
Almost all of the 1,000 temples across the city can provide basic healing. There are also apothecaries, herbalists, barbers, and other healers who charge less than the clerics, but aren’t always as effective.
7. What is the deal with my cleric's religion?
It’s merely one of many, and the 1,000 temples are dedicated to a dizzying array of the 10,000 gods. Individuals and families worship a patron deity (or deities), but also pray and sacrifice to whatever entity seems most appropriate.
8. Where can we go to get cures for the following conditions: poison, disease, curse, level drain, lycanthropy, polymorph, alignment change, death, undeath?
The temples are your best bet, but there will be a cost, and it might not be gold. How do you feel about being indebted to a temple?
9. Is there a magic guild my MU belongs to or that I can join in order to get more spells?
Several competing societies and numerous independent practitioners all vie for magical dominance within and around the city.
10. Where can I find an alchemist, sage or other expert NPC?
Throw a stone, and you might find an expert on goblin stone carving, or the weapon styles of the lowland gnolls. Finding the right expert will be the challenge. Meeting their price may also be a challenge. On the other hand, the more esoteric the knowledge, the more likely they’re willing to go on and on and on.... Of course not all are truly as skilled or knowledgeable as they claim.