Thursday, October 14, 2021

Space Gnolls

A while back, when Stargrave first came out, I decided to make some space gnolls. Nothing too crazy, just mercenary arms on gnoll bodies. And because I kinda hate the thin Frostgrave/Stargrave plastic bases, I put them on Reaper 1" bases. I then used the clipped off bits of integrated base to add some stone ruin bits onto the bases.
 
 
Then I glued on some gravel.  
 
 
And spray primed them black.
 
 

I wasn't really sure what to do with them next, so I started with the fur, figuring that was easy, and then onto the clothing.

 
 
 
 
It took a number of tries to get the colors I wanted. I also decided, well into painting in progress to add a greenstuff wire running from the pouch to the hood on the hooded gnoll, and then to bulk up the stump the gnoll on the far left of the pic below into a full stone block.  The weapons were painted with a gunmetal color, and then highlighted with...  maybe Blade Steel?
 

Sadly I don't remember, and didn't write down the exact colors I used, but any future gnolls will be painted in different colors anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.