Monday, January 4, 2021

Space Henchman

I pulled out a couple of different sci-fi minis to work on, but the short round one was the one that caught my attention after priming. Reaper's "Space Henchman" is a rather derpy looking figure, but still manages to have a fair bit of character in spite of the derpyness. 

As usual, I started with a warm soapy scrub, then primed with blue liner. I know, shocking it wasn't brown... 


Unfortunatly there weren't a lot of WIP pictures. I used the dusky skin triad for its flesh, and Cavalier Orange for the jump suite. The eyes and highlight mixes were done with linen white. The gun was originally painted with metal tone airbrush paint, but then I went over it with a blue metallic sample paint, and then a blue liner wash. 





I have to admit that the name of this mini is rather appropriate in feel. There's nothing to suggest that this guy is gonna be a main character, and maybe not even a named character. I imagine that he'd be rather inexpensive to hire... at least until the bookies/mob come looking for the mone he owes them, or the law catches up with him and his outstanding parking tickets/airspace violations. 

Why something so petty? He isn't bad enough to have successfully done much worse! 

And yes, the base is unfinished. Really it isn't even started. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, and am holding off until I have the other minis in the top picture finished, that way I can do them all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.