Friday, April 10, 2020

Outhouses

Sometimes I find that I'm just not in the mood to work on whatever it is that's on my tray, and I just want something silly and fun and simple that I can knock together in an evening. Wednesday night was one of those nights. I'm in the middle... near the end of a big project that I haven't showed off yet, and I just knew that if I tried to work on it, I'd mess it up. So I went digging, figuring I'd paint up something stupidly simple. A terrain bit or something. And then I saw it...

4Ground Thunder Box Privies.

This simple little kit will work well in any village. I only had one frame (2 outhouses) and I decided that since they come with one that can be broken and one intact (or they can be built together each with broken bits) that I'd make one completely intact one, and another that's almost totally ruined.



Following the instructions was easy, and the bits fit together without too much fuss. After I'd done the major assembly, I decided that the ruined one needed its own base, and a lot more rubble. Using the frame, I chopped out a bunch more sticks and chunks... Honestly, there's way more ruined bits than could have come from the outhouse. I like it though.



They're supposed to be "pre-painted" according to the site, but I'm going to repaint them. Also still need to do basing for the ruined one. Tempted to have a bush growing out of the hole...

2 comments:

  1. The ruined outhouse made me think, "huge ruined outhouse," which made me think of the old "huge ruined pile
    blog by a guy named Scott. I looked for it, but it's not really there. The website that sells the outhouse makes an awesome transmission tower model. It's very cool with outstanding post apoc applications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been drooling over a bunch of the 4Ground kits. Now if only I had the space for them! Some day, when I again have a house...

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.