Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December in Review

Apparently I neglected to post a November in Review… Things have been busy here at the Tower. I took the Auditing portion of the CPA exam, and PASSED!! I’m now working on the next test which I’ll be taking in late winter/early spring.

My oldest dog is continuing to continue on, but I don’t think for too much longer. At this point, every day is a bonus, and I’m trying to enjoy our final time together as best I can.

Winter holiday was spent down south along the Gulf Coast. Sadly, we picked a week with a cold snap, and ended up with temperatures not much different from what we’d left behind in the Northeast. Still a wonderful trip.

Gaming

I’ve missed far too much of the Curse of Strahd game the last two months. Between vacations, holiday parties, working late, and being sick… I’m just glad I’m not DMing.

Stonehell is going well. Recruited some new players, and came really close to killing their characters. We’ll see how well these low level PCs handle the game… also I really want them to fight a dragon…

I ran the kids through my holiday adventure Frosty's Harsh Winter. The kids spent a lot of time talking to the senile Parson Brown.

Miniatures
I’ve actually been working on a bunch of stuff, which means little was actually completed. Assembled and primed lots of random minis trying to figure out what I wanted to work on. I painted some of the classic horror monsters from Bones 4, converted another mini for a new player in the Curse of Strahd game, and converted and painted some ghouls. There will be a big mini year in review post in a day or two.


Media

Movies/TV Watched
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Season 3
Star Wars: Mandalorian
Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker
John Wick 3


Books Read
Void Wraith Saga books 1-3
The Expanse books 1-3

Managed to exceed my goal of 25 books this year, with a total of 29 books! Thank goodness for vacation!

Goals
With the new year, I’ve got another big CPA exam right around the corner. My one goal is to pass. Beyond that? Get in some gaming, and some painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Email notifications are spotty... might be a bit before this gets published. Sorry.