This is the new rule going forward, though the mishap chart will vary depending on what type of carousing the players choose.
Carousing: Holy Orders
Cost = 75gp*1d4 (neighborhood event) 125*1d6 (Parish event) 200*1d8 (district/quarter-wide event) 300*1d10 (city wide)
If you roll either the maximum amount, or above your level, make a saving throw vs . On a failure, only half of the money spent gives XP, and roll on the chart below for the blunder!
1. Host a Feast Day - Even priests like to party! Sometimes too much…
- Bit too much of the sacramental wine. Either (1-3) you, or (4) High Priest, (5) civic official/ local celebrity (6) everyone gets totally wasted and causes a scene.
- Not enough for everyone. Minor riot spoils the event
- Uninvited Guests - rival temple crashes the party
- Sacrificial animal objects and gets loose.
2. Parade - Loud, festive and fun! Everyone comes out to enjoy it but…
- Trampled an orphan
- Drunken revelers trash the town
- Bad timing. Someone important dies the morning of the parade
- Funds are embezzled, and you get blamed
3. Special Service
- Too many candles, and you set the temple on fire, minor damage.
- Too many candles, and you burned the temple down!
- Squirrel in the holiday bush
- Shrimp is banned for a reason. GI issues… in front of everyone
4. Public Works
- Feed the Poor - Rotten food, everyone gets sick - make a saving throw vs poison or suffer a -2 to all rolls on your next adventure
- Clean the streets - Displace a bunch of people into another district, upsetting important people!
- Restore an old graveyard - Upset a restless spirit
- Tend the sick - And now there’s a plague. Everyone in the party must make a saving throw vs Dragon's Breath or Suffer a -1 to all rolls in the next adventure.
5. Sponsor Initiates
- 1d4 new novice nuns/monks
- 1d6 temple workers (gardeners/cleaners/cooks/etc.)
- 1d2 Temple Guards
- 1d10 missionaries
- Infiltration by a member of a rival faith
- Scandalous behavior revealed after initiation
- Morons, you just can’t find good help these days
6. Commission Artwork
- Illuminated Manuscript
- Insulting to someone important/you
- Left unfinished because
- The artist is a flake
- The artist is a drunk
- The artist dies